W.A.S.P. is an American heavy metal band formed in 1982. They emerged from the early 1980s Los Angeles heavy metal scene. The band’s popularity peaked that decade, yet they continue to record and tour, making them one of the most enduring of the West Coast heavy metal bands. W.A.S.P. gained notoriety for their shock rock-themed image, lyrics and live performances.
- W.A.S.P. (1984) – Gold US
- The Last Command (1985) – Gold US
- Inside the Electric Circus (1986)
- The Headless Children (1989)
- The Crimson Idol (1992)
- Still Not Black Enough (1995)
- Kill Fuck Die (1997)
- Helldorado (1999)
- Unholy Terror (2001)
- Dying for the World (2002)
- The Neon God: Part 1 – The Rise (2004)
- The Neon God: Part 2 – The Demise (2004)
- Dominator (2007)
- Babylon (2009)
- Golgotha (2015)
- ReIdolized (The Soundtrack to the Crimson Idol) (2018)
W.A.S.P. the sting full concert
More about W.A.S.P. Band by Wikipedia
Clips, Interviews and News
W.A.S.P. Related Posts
- NIGHTWISH – The Greatest Show on Earth (with Richard Dawkins) (OFFICIAL LIVE)“The Greatest Show on Earth” from VEHICLE OF SPIRIT – …
- Five Finger Death Punch – Welcome To The Circus (Official Music Video)Episode 2 – “Welcome To The Circus” from Five Finger …
- BLUES PILLS – Gypsy (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)Video for ‘Gypsy’, from BLUES PILLS’ debut album. Order the …
- MaidaVale [Live at Slaktkyrkan]Live concert with MaidaVale from Slaktkyrkan in Stockholm, recorded in …
- BeyoncéPlaylist Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, born September 4, 1981, is an American …
1 thought on “W.A.S.P.”
W.A.S.P. (short for We Are Sexual Perverts) is an American heavy metal band formed in 1982 by Blackie Lawless. The band’s original line-up consisted of Blackie Lawless (vocals, guitar), Randy Piper (guitar), Rik Fox (bass), and Tony Richards (drums). They are known for their controversial and provocative stage shows and lyrics, as well as their heavy metal sound.
W.A.S.P.’s debut album, “W.A.S.P.”, was released in 1984 and was followed by several more albums such as “The Last Command”, “Inside the Electric Circus”, and “The Headless Children.” Their hit singles include “I Wanna Be Somebody” and “Wild Child”. The band’s popularity reached its peak in the 1980s and early 1990s, but they have been active on and off since 1982.
W.A.S.P. is known for its elaborate stage shows, often featuring elaborate costumes and theatrics. The band has faced criticism and controversy for their graphic and sexually explicit lyrics and imagery. Blackie Lawless is the only constant member of the band and has been the lead singer and songwriter for W.A.S.P since its formation.