The Runaways were an all-female teenage American rock band that recorded and performed in the second half of the 1970s. The band released four studio albums and one live set during its run. Among their best-known songs are “Cherry Bomb”, “Hollywood”, “Queens of Noise” and a cover version of the Velvet Underground’s “Rock & Roll”. Never a major success in the United States, the Runaways became a sensation overseas, especially in Japan, thanks to the hit single “Cherry Bomb”.
The Runaways were formed in late 1975 by drummer Sandy West and guitarist Joan Jett after they had both introduced themselves to producer Kim Fowley. Fowley then helped the girls find other members.
Starting as a power trio with singer/bassist Micki Steele, they soon added lead guitarist Lita Ford, who had originally auditioned for the bass spot; Jett switched to rhythm guitar. Steele was fired from the group, replaced by local bassist Peggy Foster, who left after just one month. Lead singer Cherie Currie was found and recruited in a local teen nightclub called the Sugar Shack, followed by Jackie Fox (who had originally auditioned for the lead guitar spot) on bass.
This Legendary Toppop performance was first broadcast on 26 November 1977.
Watch our great music videos ❯ https://goo.gl/feVLNN
More TopPop? Subscribe here ❯ https://goo.gl/X9FOAU
More info on Wikipedia ❯ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TopPop
Broadcast date: 26-11-1977
This is to let you know that the video recording of the video clip was originally recorded by AVROTROS Broadcasting. AVROTROS Broadcasting hereby warrants and represents that it is the sole and exclusive owner of the physical film and/or videotape footage in this video clip.
The performance of the artist(s) in the clip was filmed and recorded with the written consent of the artist(s) and their representatives.
AVROTROS is a Dutch radio and television broadcaster, founded in 2014 from a merger of AVRO and TROS. From January 1st, 2014 the name of the merged broadcaster was used in joint programmes. AVRO was founded in 1923 as the Netherlands first public broadcaster. TROS started broadcasting in 1964. Toppop was a weekly AVRO pop program that was aired between 1970 and 1988.
PO Box 2
1200 JA Hilversum
TopPop was the first regular dedicated pop music TV show in the Dutch language area. Dutch broadcaster AVRO aired the programme weekly, from 1970 to 1988. Presenter Ad Visser hosted the show for its first fifteen years.
World famous music artists performed on TopPop: ABBA, 10CC, Bee Gees, The Jacksons with Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Earth & Fire, Queen, Golden Earring, Boney M, KC & The Sunshine Band, Chic, Donna Summer and many many more.
The Runaways – School Days (1977) • TopPop Related Posts
- Brother Dege “Too Old To Die Young,” live, acousticBrother Dege & The Brotherhood playing “Too Old to Die …
- SHAMAN| FAIRY TALE (OFFICIAL VIDEO CLIP)Shaman Redes Sociais: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shamanbandofficial Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shamanbandofficial/ Luis Mariutti: www.mariuttiteam.com …
- MagiTech – Inside my Mind (Official Video)FIND OUT MORE ABOUT US! https://withkoji.com/@MagiTech VIDEO CREDITS Andrea Mandozzi: …
- LOST SOCIETY – I Am The Antidote (OFFICIAL VIDEO)The first official video from the album ‘BRAINDEAD’. ‘Order it …
- Candlemass – BewitchedAuthor: Connor Share It Twitter Share Tumblr Share Pinterest Save
- Holy WarfareProvided to YouTube by Rock Of Angels Records Holy Warfare …